Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 17, 2011

1972 Oldsmobile 442 - My wife's favorite

This 1972 Oldsmobile 442 was an awesome kit to build.  One of the few model kits I want to build again just to have the pleasure of building.  The fit and finish of the kit was superb.  It is one of Revell's "Special Edition" kits that are great.  This is also my wife Kim's favorite car.  I built it for her.  


This is s nice ride!!!!
Black on black on black.  Black car with black interior and black top..not the way I would have ordered this particular vehicle in 1972.  There was a Hurst Olds version that I really like.  Maybe I will buy another kit and build for you all to see. If anyone requests that then it is a done deal!!!


Does it get any better than a convertible interior?
My wife is a carbon fiber freak so I used carbon fiber decals for many of the components in the interior of this Oldsmobile.  The back of the from seats, console, door trim and the dash all have carbon fiber accents.  The floor has "fuzzy fur" on it to depict carpet.  

Oldsmobile 455 CI powered muscle!!!
The underside of the model showing detail.
I dont build vehicles as accurately as some professional builders do..I build to what suits me and what I am confident in doing.  The undercarriage on some vehicles from the 60's had over spray on it during the build process.  Please forgive me, but I dont research my subjects that close.    Just wanted to show what a model looks like underneath all the nice stuff on top!!!



A nice looking automobile
Thanks for looking at my scale dreams.  I do hope you are enjoying.  More to come in the near future.  I plan to follow a build of a subject very soon.  Please comment if you have something to say...good or bad is accepted.

That model guy in Portland 

No comments:

Post a Comment