Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 14, 2011

The 1970 Scale Dream Buick GSX


My favorite make of automobile - Buick


The rear view of a fast car
One of my scale dreams happens to be the Buick GSX.  I believe they only built this particular model in 1970 and 1971.  They only came in yellow or white and had big block Buick power.  The model kit manufacturer is Revell and they did a good job with this kit.  I have added what is called a photo etch detail set to this model.  It adds realism to the grille, script and interior details to the kit.  I also added bare metal foil around the trim of the car to simulate chrome trim.


This is the big block Buick engine - 455 CI.


I believe this is the best view of any automobile - the 3/4 photo from the rear
This model is 1/24 scale and that is a popular scale among scale modelers who build cars.  As I get older the strain on my eyeballs gets more intense but i do enjoy the relaxation building these gives.  This particular kit will cost $20 - $25 and comes in approximately 100 pieces.  Most of the model is white plastic with pieces in chrome and clear plastic.  

This is the first of several models i will be showing.  I do hope if you stop and read my blog that you will enjoy the pictures and ask questions or comments on the many models I have built.

That model guy in Portland



No comments:

Post a Comment